- Woke up early. Before my regular work time. Went straight to a book. Went to breakfast when one of my favorite diner’s in town opened. The first customer. Vegetable omelet, biscuits, hash browns, bacon. The whole time reading a book on reading. For school and for me to improve my teaching.
- Making chicken stock for a soup of white beans and sausage. Beans soaked all night. I soaked in the tub last night. The last bath I remember was when I had a fever in high school.
- Even the little that you do for other people counts big every day. Even if they don’t care or respond.
- Work with love, but don’t shy away from questioning everything and acknowledging evil/negativity/nihilism.
- “You must be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
- Don’t shy away from challenge. I can’t imagine a simple or easy life.
I like red peppers and Jan Svankmajer movies.
1. Current Listening: May Day by Silica Gel
2. Current Viewing: "Uncle Yanco" (1967).
3. Current Reading: Ottessa Moshfegh: Death In Her Hands